The secret of happiness is variety, but the secret of variety, like the secret of all spices, is knowing when to use it – Daniel Gilbert Spices available in our kitchen can be very effective in curing common health ailments. We need not rush to doctor for small small health conditions. In’fact we should utilize the natural products to heal our self, since these are safe and don’t have any side effect.
Below are the few wonder spices listed for treating common health conditions.
Below is a quick Remedy for cold.
- Mix a gram of dalchini/ cinnamon powder with a teaspoon of honey to cure cold.
- Ginger tea can be prepared and taken twice to get relief from cold. Quantity can be reduced once cold start disappearing.Here you can read recipe to prepare wonderful ginger tea.
You must read below post to know about how to quickly get rid of cold.
- A pinch of Turmeric powder along with honey do wonders for dry cough.
- Chewing a cardamom is also very effective for dry cough.
For blocked nose or to relieve congestion, take a table spoon of crushed carom seeds (ajwain), deep fry it in a pan, tie it in a cloth and inhale it. You can read about wonderful hand mudras that help to relieve congesttion from chest.
- Take a tea spoon of cumin seeds ( jeera) and a small piece of ginger, put it in water and boil it for some time. Then let it cool and drink it twice. It is very effective for cold and sore throat. Shankh Mudra is also very effective in getting rid of throat infection.
Recommended Product to buy on Amazon :
- Boil ajwain in water and inhale the steam.It is very effective in Asthma. Also Asthma mudra can be practiced to heal asthma faster.
Rub ginger paste on the back to get relief from backache.Read about back Mudra that is effective in back ache.
High Blood Pressure
- Take 1-2 pod garlic (lasan) first thing in the morning with water
- Take 1 table spoon crushed ginger or juice and 1 table spoon crushed cumin seeds( jeera), Mix it with honey and take it twice daily.
- Take a tablespoon of pepper powder and a pinch of turmeric and boil it with a cup of milk, and have it daily for a few couple of days.It is helpful in Migraine and headache.
- A tablespoon of amla juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd (karela) juice and be taken daily for 2 months reduces blood sugar. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C. It contains 20 times vitamin C as compared to orange. Read more about health benefits of Amla here. Amla can be used to prepare chawanprash that is an immunity booster. You can prepare it at home as well. here is the recipe to prepare homemade chawanprash. Amla can be used to prepare sweet and yummy amla candy. Here you can find complete step by step procedure to know how to prepare amla candy.
Cure for Injuries
- For any cut or wound, apply turmeric powder to the injured portion to stop the bleeding. It also works as an antiseptic. A bandage can also be tied after applying haldi/ turmeric.
- Include five almonds along with hot milk in your daily diet.
- A gram of black pepper along with honey or milk, twice or thrice a day is very effective in headache and migraine pain
- Make an almond paste by rubbing wet almonds against a stone. This can be applied to forehead.
- Eat an apple with a little salt on an empty stomach everyday and see its wonderful effects.
- when headache is caused by cold winds, cinnamon works best in curing headache. Make a paste of cinnamon by mixing in water and apply it all over your forehead. Read Below post to read about hand mudra for headache.
- Mahasirs Mudra to get rid of headache.
- Turmeric can be used in treating arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory property. Turmeric can be taken as a drink other than adding to dishes to help prevent all problems.
- Turmeric lower cholesterol and by preventing the formation of the internal blood clots improves circulation and prevents heart disease and stroke.
HIGH BLOOD CHOLESTEROL
- In 1 glass of water, add 2 tbsps of coriander/dhania seeds and bring to a boil. Let the decoction cool for some time and then strain. Drink this mixture two times in a day.
- Sunflower seeds are extremely beneficial, as they contain linoleic acid that helps in reducing the cholesterol deposits on the walls of arteries.
- Take 2 cardamoms/ elachi and roast them on a dry pan (tava). Powder the cardamoms and thereafter add a tsp of honey in it. Consume it frequently. It serves as a fabulous home remedy for vomiting.
- In the mixture of 1 tsp of mint juice and 1 tsp lime juice, add 1 tsp of ginger juice and 1 tsp honey. Drink this mixture to prevent vomiting.
- Lime juice is an effective remedy for vomiting. Take a glass of chilled lime juice and sip slowly.
- To prevent vomiting, drink ginger tea.
- In 1 glass water, add some honey and drink sip by sip.
- Apply castor oil daily over the problematic area. Continue for several months.
- Apply milky juice of fresh and barely-ripe figs a number of times a day. Continue for two weeks.
- Rub cut raw potatoes on the affected area several times daily. Continue for at least two weeks.
- Rub cut onions on the warts to stimulate the circulation of blood.
- Apply milk from the cut end of dandelion over the warts 2-3 times a day.
- Apply oil extracted from the shell of the cashew nut over the warts.
- Apply Papaya juice or Pineapple juice.
- Also read about natural oils that can help against sun radiations and also nourishes the skin.
- Mango serves as an effective home remedy for preventing the frequent attacks of sinus, as it is packed with loads of vitamin A.
- Another beneficial remedy consists of consuming pungent foods like onion and garlic, as a part of your daily meals.
- Fenugreek/ methi leaves are considered valuable in curing sinusitis. In 250 ml water, boil 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and reduce it to half.This will help you to perspire, dispel toxicity and reduce the fever period.
- Tie a tsp of black cumin seeds in a thin cotton cloth and inhale.
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze it in a glass of water. Add 4 tsp of honey and half tsp of salt in it. Drink it slowly sip by sip.
- Milk has proved beneficial in treating tonsillitis. In 1 glass of pure boiled milk, add a pinch of turmeric powder and pepper powder. Drink it every night for about 3 days.
Over to You
Your kitchen is full of wonder herbs. Nature is so kind to provide such a big stock of wonder herbs. So next time if you are troubled by common health condition, simply rush to your kitchen and look around.You will definitely find a solution there.
Recommended Product to buy on Amazon :