Surabhi Mudra is highly effective against rheumatism and arthritis. It has positive effect on digestive and metabolism system of the body. It also helps to detoxify the body.
Featured Post :
Meaning and specialty of Surabhi mudra
Recommended Product to buy on Amazon :
Surabhi mudra is also known as kamdehenu Mudra. Might be because of its power to full fill practitioner’s wishes. Kamdhenu is a Sanskrit word that means a divine Goddess in Hindu mythology – she is the mother of all cows. She has miraculous power and can fulfill any wishes and provide anything in abundance. Her stock is limitless.
On the other hand Surabhi mudra is a powerful mudra that not only cures but also can direct you towards the spiritual path. And once you are moved on that path, there will be no limit to happiness. You can also read about Kubera Mudra that fullfill desires.
How to perform Surabhi Mudra?
Here is the step by step procedure to practice Surabhi Mudra:
1) Tip of right hand little finger touches the tip of left hand ring finger
2) Tip of left hand little finger touches the tip of right hand ring finger (opposite of step 1).
3) Tip of right hand index finger touches the tip of left hand middle finger
4) Tip of left hand index finger touches the tip of right hand middle finger (opposite of step 2)
5) Both of the thumb should be extended.
This is a bit complex mudra, but this should not discourage you. Its amazing benefits will definitely encourage you to include it in your daily practice.
How long this mudra should be practiced?
For long lasting benefits, this mudra should be practiced for 45 minutes daily, all at one go if you have plenty of time or in three slots of fifteen minutes each.
Any Limitation of Surabhi Mudra?
There are no adverse effect of this mudra. Only limitation is that this is a bit complex. and if you find it difficult to do, then don’t force yourself to much to do this mudra. start with 1-2 min practice and then gradually increase it to 15 mins.
Benefits of Surabhi Mudra
1. It has a positive effect on the digestive and metabolic functions of the body. It activates and strengthens the Solar Plexus (Manipur Chakra )and hence strengthens the digestive system.
2. It is a curative mudra which has power to cure all the three doshas. According to Ayurveda, there are three doshas – vatta, pitta & kapha. these dosha denotes the impurities and create imbalance in our body. By practicing surabhi mudra, a balance can be achieved in three doshas. This mudra is said to be Tridosha naashak – a destroyer of all threee impurities.
3. It helps to detoxify the system
4. It helps in calming the mind. Helpful in attaining clarity and concentration. It also helpful in yoga practice by releasing the mind impurities
5. It can cure rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It cures abdomen-related diseases like Gas, Flatulence, and Acidity etc.
7. It creates Hormonal balance by balancing the flows of gland system.
8. It appeases urinary diseases and activates the excretory system by improving the circulation of fluids and their filtration process.
9. Improved overall health & happiness as this mudra helps balance all the five elements
(Pancha bhootas in Sanskrit, namely Vaayu-Air, Agni-Fire, Jal-Water, Bhoomi-Earth and Loha-Metal)
Any precaution for doing Surabhi Mudra?
There are many variation practiced for this mudra. This mudra is very powerful mudra and can strike a balance in the panch tatva. But one should practice the variation of this mudra under the guidance of a good practitioner. Since wrong doing of this mudra can further unbalances the five elements.
Variation of Surabhi Mudra
There are four types of variation of surbhi mudra by its combination with prithvi, jal, vayu and shunya mudra. One can learn these under the guidance of a good teacher or practitioner.But it is extremely important to do it in right way.
1) Vaayu Surabhi Mudra
Also read – Vaata Nashak Mudra for vaata Dosha
1) First form the basic surabhi mudra.
2) Join the tips of right hand thumb to the root of the right hand index finger and the tip of the left hand thumb to the root of the left hand index finger.
1) This mudra helps relieving the wind related problem.
2) balances the Air element in the body system.
2) Shunya Surabhi Mudra
A Must Read Post – Shunya Mudra is beneficial in ear problems
1) first step to form this mudra is to form the basic surabhi mudra.
2) Join the tip of right hand thumb to the root of the right hand middle finger and the tip of the left hand thumb to the root of the left hand middle finger.
1)This Mudra balances the ethereal element.
2) It also give the practitioner the miraculous power to hear the unheard. Means he can hear the sound which is not audible to the commons.
3) It helps the practitioner to hear the Anahata sounds. An atmosphere of tranquility is naturally created to the sadhaka to enjoy and reap the benefits of sadhna.
3) Prithivi Surabhi Mudra
1) To form this Mudra, first form the basic Surabhi Mudra
2) then join the tip of right hand thumb to the root of the right hand ring finger and the tip of the left hand thumb to the root of the left hand ring finger.
1)This mudra cures diseases related to abdomen such as chronic digestion related ailments and keeps the digestive system in order.
2)This Mudra makes the body powerful and removes inertia thereby imparting energy and vitality.
4) Jal Surabhi Mudra
Also Read – Varuna Mudra – The Jal vardhak mudra
1) To form this Mudra one must first form the basic Surabhi Mudra.
2) Join the tip of right hand thumb to the root of the right hand little finger and the tip of the left hand thumb to the root of the left hand little finger.
1)This Mudra is helpful in making kidneys healthy.
2) It rectifies disorder related to urinary system by rectifying all diseases related to bile and assists in easy passing of urine.
3)It is useful to relieve constipation and increases appetite.
Over to you
have you tried surabhi mudra and felt its benefits? If so share your experiences with the community by posting in comments. Happy reading and have a wishful and happy life and health.
Also Read below interesting posts:
Buy Amazing Products on Amazon :