The side plank pose or Vasisthasana is a yoga asana with many benefits. Vasistha means best or excellent. Vasishtha is a name of famous sage in the yoga tradition.
Here are step by Step Instruction for doing Side Plank Pose
Step by step instructions for doing side plank pose is listed below. This pose need a great balance. So do it with precaution or you can also take help of props.
1) Start with Plank pose, pressing your hands firmly with your shoulders perfectly aligned over your wrist.
2) Now keeping your muscles and leg strong, roll both your heels to the right such that other edge of the foot is touching the floor.
3) Put your left foot on top of the right foot.
4) Inhale, press down firmly through the right hand and raise your left hand.
5) Look straight up to your raised left hand. Only in case it is comfortable for your neck and you can maintain your balance.
6) Stay in the pose for 5 breaths.
7) To come out of pose, Exhale and lower your left hand
Buy On Amazon Store:
Here are some Beginners tips to Start Easy
1) You can keep your lower knee on the floor for the support.
2) Instead of keeping both foot on each other, you can keep them slight apart so that the outer edge of right foot and the inner edge of left foot both are on floor.
Benefits of Side Plank Pose
Here are five great benefits of Side Plank pose. Reasons why everybody should give this pose a try.
1) It Strengthens Arms and Wrists
Since Side Plank pose requires you to balance on one arm, so this is a great pose that strengthen your arms, shoulders and wrists. But ensure to keep your arms strong.
2) Strengthens Core
In this pose, one has to use belly muscles to stay in upright position. Thus this pose works your core to a huge extent.
3) Strengthens Legs
Side plank pose works on balancing the whole body including legs as well. In this legs get a complete stretch along with balance. So this pose is beneficial for leg strengthening.
4) It Improves Balance
Side plank pose is not to east pose. One has to maintain good body balance to be in this pose. So this pose naturally improves the overall body balance. It also prepares you for other arm balancing poses. r arm balances down the road.
5) Improves Concentration
This pose also helps to improve focus and concentration.
Over to you
Do you like Side Plank pose? What are some benefits you have realised out of this pose? Let us know in the comments below. Stay happy & Stay healthy. And keep Reading.