Pranayama is made up of two words – Prana and Yama. Prana refers to vital force or life energy or in simple term breath. Yama means to control. In Pranayama yogis tends to control breath. Pranayama leads to conscious breathing. Over the time, breathing becomes short and shallow. With practice of Pranayama, we tends to follow conscious breathing. Main focus is on deep exhalation and due to that breathing become longer and deeper.
Following are some Inspiring Quotes on Pranayama
1) Regulate the breathing, and thereby control the mind – B.K.S.
2) The practice of ‘asanas‘ and ‘pranayama’ wards off disease and helps to maintain alertness – Sivananda
3) In pranayama you don’t worry about taking breaths, you focus on exhalation. If you exhale properly you will inhale. The more deeply you exhale the more deeply you will inhale – Frederick Lenz
4) As a fire blazes brightly when the covering of ash over it is scattered by the wind, the divine fire within the body shines in all its majesty when the ashes of desire are scattered by the practice of pranayama – B.K.S. Iyengar
5) Without full awareness of breathing, there can be no development of meditative stability and understanding – Thich Nhat Hanh
6) The solar breath leads to transcendence; the lunar breath is a form-giving substance.
Recommended Product to buy on Amazon :
7) Many ask me whether pranayama … postpones old age. Why worry about it? Death is certain. Let it come when it comes. Just keep working. The soul has no age. It doesn’t die. Only the body decays. And yet, we must never forget the body, since it is the garden we must cherish and cultivate – B.K.S. Iyengar
8) Prana, the vital breath, is born of Self. Like a person and his shadow, the Self and the Prana are inseparable. Prana enters the body at birth, but does not die with the body – Prana Upanisad
9) For breath is life, so if you breathe well you will live long on earth – Sanskrit Proverb
10) Breathing affects your respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, gastrointestinal, muscular, and psychic systems, and also has a general effect on your sleep, memory, ability to concentrate, and your energy levels – Donna Farhi, The Breathing Book
11) Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is the only moment – Thich Nhat Hanh
12) Breath is life. We should pay as much attention to it as any other aspect of beingness – Swami Nostradamus Virato
Pranayama is a great way to deal with stress. Pranayama helps mind to relax. Here are some other interesting posts that will help to counter stress.
Pranayama prepares mind to go into deep relaxation state. Hence it helps mind to get prepared for meditation. Generally it is advisable to do 2-3 rounds of pranayama before starting up with meditation. Pranayama practice will make the breathing easy. deep and slow. Hence helping mind to get focused in meditation practice. Read below interesting posts on meditation. These will surely inspire you to take up meditation.
Buy on Amazon :