Gautama Buddha preached about peace and compassion. He gave a message of love and kindness to the world. And advised to live life in the moment without thinking about past or future. Since we can live happily only when we maintain compassion with ourselves as well as with others. We cannot make peace with past if we keep holding grudges in our heart.
Here are 25 Timeless quotes from Gautama Buddha
1) What we think, we become.
2) Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
3) Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
4) You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. Only you yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
5) Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
6) We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
7) Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
8) Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
9) Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
10) A jug fills drop by drop.
11) Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering – an image of death.
12) It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
13) Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
14) I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
15) Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
16) Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
17) All experiences are preceded by mind, having mind as their master, created by mind.
18) Speak only endearing speech … Speech, when it brings no evil to others, is a pleasant thing.
19) Whatever is not yours … your letting go of it will be for your long term happiness & benefit.
20) Meditate … do not delay, lest you later regret it.
21) One is not called noble who harms living beings. By not harming living beings one is called noble.
22) There is no fear for one whose mind is not filled with desires.
23) A disciplined mind brings happiness.
24) Whatever’s not full makes noise. Whatever is full is quiet.
25) Delight in heedfulness! Guard well your thoughts.
Also read below interesting Posts: